It goes without saying, choosing your wedding venue is one of the most important parts of the wedding planning process, if not one of the most difficult. This time-consuming task can also be quite a daunting decision – after all, it’s going to be the setting for your love story, so you want to make sure it’s the right choice. Once you’ve chosen the perfect venue for your special day and you’ve booked a date, the rest of the planning process can really get started. To help you along the way, we’re offering a few expert tips on what you should consider when beginning the search for your venue.
The wedding venue search should ideally be at the top of your wedding to-do list, so we’d recommend getting started on the hunt fairly on in the planning journey. Venues can often get booked up months and even years in advance, so avoid disappointment by getting ahead of the game. Here at Pauntley Court, we have a handful of available dates for weddings in 2021/22 so do get in touch if you’d like to book in a viewing or virtual tour. When choosing the date for your wedding, consider the season in which you’d like to say, ‘I Do’. Spring and summer are generally the busiest times of year, while autumn and winter are still equally as beautiful.
When you’re visiting venues, step back and really think about what you want from the setting. Do you want a venue that’s rich with history, perhaps you’d like it to have the warmth of a family home, or maybe you want something that you can really make your own for the weekend? Pauntley Court has something to suit everyone – from its sweeping countryside views to its antique-esque décor and details. You’ll find plenty more of where that came from over on our gallery – have a nosey here!
Many couples seek the option to hire their wedding venue on an exclusive basis and this is something we are proud to offer here at Pauntley Court. It means you can enjoy a three-day weekend celebrating with your favourite people, without worry of interruption or rushing. Our country house wedding venue in the Cotswolds becomes a home from home, for you to enjoy as you wish!
- Start the venue search with a vague idea of guest count. This allows you to explore ceremony, breakfast and reception options with ease and more accuracy.
- Consider whether or not you require accommodation, particularly if guests are travelling overseas or from afar. Here at Pauntley Court, we have a number of exquisitely furnished rooms for your friends and family to relax and unwind in.
- Location is key when choosing your wedding venue. Our rural estate has easy and quick access from the M50, is 2.5 hours from London, one hour away from Birmingham and Bristol, and just 30 minutes from Cheltenham.
- Think about the layout of your venue, moving from the ceremony to canapés, the breakfast to dancing. Does it flow easily? This will all help the overall vibe of your wedding day.
- Ensure your potential wedding venue has plenty of backdrops for your wedding photographs – you’ll find them in abundance here at Pauntley Court!
Aside from all of our previous tips and advice, we would always say follow your heart and if you walk into a wedding venue and it instantly feels like you, it’s probably ‘the one’. Savour the moment and take your time to soak up the surroundings and see if you can imagine tying the knot here. If you’d like to find out more about Pauntley Court or you are interested in booking in a viewing, swing by our contact page and say hello! We are already so excited to hear from you.
< Previous blog Next blog >